Terms and Conditions
"MERLIN MYQ $2,000 CASH CARD PROMOTION"
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoterand agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences on 12 May 2017 and closes at 12noon AEST on 31/07/2017 ("Promotional Period").
- To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
A. Purchase a Merlin MyQ door opener product ("MyQ Purchase");
B. Visit www.my-merlin.com.au or www.my-merlin.co.nz (depending on their country of residence), follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details (including their full name, email address, phone number, their MyQPurchase gateway serial number) and answer in 25 words or less to the question “what holiday activity do you enjoy doing most and why?” (Promotional Question”).
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of thepromotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherableentries will be deemed invalid.
- Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per MyQ Purchase; (b) each entry must be substantially unique; and (c) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The judging will take place at the Promoter’s office, Level 8, 8 West Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 on 01/08/2017 at 12noon AEST. The judges may select additional reserve entries, which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.The winners will be notified by email and their names will be published on the Promoter’s Facebook pagefacebook.com/merlingaragedooropenersfrom 04/18/2017.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit of the answer provided to the Promotional Question.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries will be divided into two (2) groups based on their country of residence: Australia or New Zealand. The best five (5) valid entries from Australia, as determined by the judges, will each win an AUD$2,000 Eftpos Cash Card.The best three (3) valid entries from New Zealand, as determined by the judges, will each win a NZD$2,000 Eftpos Cash Card
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Eftpos cash card are not included. Any unused balance of the Eftpos cash card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the Eftpos cash card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the Eftpos cash card.
- If for any reason a winner does not take / redeem the prize bythe time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
- Total prize pool value is AUD$10,000 for Australia and NZD$6,000 for New Zealand.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable.
- Each entrant warrants that their entry is an original literary work and does not infringe the rights of any third party. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud,the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection lawsin New Zealand(“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, includingthe Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f)use of a prize.
- The Promoter is The Chamberlain Group (ABN 48 131 405 822) of Unit 1, 75 Epping Road, North Ryde NSW 2113 Australia and Chamberlain New Zealand Limited of 17A Arrenway Drive, Rosedale 0632, Auckland, New Zealand.